As the holiday season approaches, everyone looks forward to festive drinks that embody the spirit of celebration. This Sparkling Cranberry Ginger Ale recipe is a perfect holiday cocktail, combining the tartness of cranberries with the zesty kick of ginger. It’s an ideal choice for holiday gatherings, providing a refreshing and homemade alternative to commercial versions. Let’s explore how to make this delightful drink, perfect for Christmas parties, New Year’s Eve celebrations, or any festive occasion.
**This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.Jump to Recipe
- Fresh cranberries
- Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Optional: Lime slices, cinnamon stick, and orange slices for garnish
Preparing the Homemade Ginger Water
- Boil Ginger: In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup of peeled and chopped fresh ginger in 1 cup of water. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes to extract the strong ginger flavor, then strain to remove the ginger pieces. This homemade ginger syrup adds a unique, zesty taste that is far superior to store-bought ginger ale.
Making Cranberry Simple Syrup
- Cook Cranberries: In another saucepan, boil 1 cup of fresh cranberries in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. As the cranberries cook, stir and burst them to release their tart cranberry juice.
- Create Simple Syrup: Strain the cranberry mixture, returning the juice to the stove. Add 1 cup of sugar and boil until a syrupy consistency forms. This cranberry simple syrup brings a festive sweetness and a vibrant red color to the drink.
Assembling the Sparkling Cranberry Ginger Ale
4. Mix and Serve: In a large pitcher or mason jars, mix 1/2 cup of ginger syrup with 1/2 cup of cranberry syrup. Add 1/2 cup of club soda or sparkling water and ice to create a fizzy drink. For a large punch bowl, simply multiply the quantities as needed.
Garnishing Your Drink
- Add Citrus and Spice: Enhance the flavor by adding a squeeze of fresh lime, lime wedges, or orange slices to each glass. A cinnamon stick can also be added for a little bit of warm spice.
- Presentation: Serve in festive mason jars or elegant glasses, garnished with lime or orange slices for that extra holiday touch.
- Holiday Parties: This cranberry ginger fizz is the perfect addition to holiday parties, serving as a delightful mocktail or a base for a fruit punch.
- Versatility: It’s a versatile recipe that can be adapted to suit your taste. Add a little more ginger syrup for a stronger flavor or more cranberry syrup for extra sweetness.
- Garnish Creatively: Experiment with different garnishes like cinnamon sticks or a sprig of mint for a festive twist.
Why This Recipe Stands Out
- Homemade Goodness: Making your own ginger ale and cranberry syrup ensures natural ingredients and flavors, giving you a healthier and more delicious mocktail.
- Festive and Fun: The mix of cranberry and ginger offers a great flavor that’s both refreshing and suitably festive for holiday gatherings.
- Perfect for Everyone: It’s an ideal drink for everyone at your holiday party, including those who prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
The Bottom Line
This Sparkling Cranberry Ginger Ale recipe is not only a refreshing drink but also a beautiful addition to your holiday festivities. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, it’s a great way to impress your guests. Whether you’re looking for a delicious mocktail, a base for more complex fruit punches, or just a festive drink to enjoy at your holiday party, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Enjoy the perfect blend of tart cranberry juice, homemade ginger ale, and the fizz of sparkling water for a drink that’s as enjoyable to make as it is to drink. Happy holidays!
Sparkling Cranberry Ginger Ale Recipe
- 1 medium pot
- 1 spoon
- 1 mesh strainer
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling water
- In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup of peeled and chopped fresh ginger in 1 cup of water. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes to extract the strong ginger flavor, then strain to remove the ginger pieces.
- In another saucepan, boil 1 cup of fresh cranberries in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. As the cranberries cook, stir and burst them to release their tart cranberry juice.
- Strain the cranberry mixture, returning the juice to the stove. Add 1 cup of sugar and boil until a syrupy consistency forms.
- In a cup of your choosing, mix 1/2 cup of ginger syrup with 1/2 cup of cranberry syrup. Then add 1/2 cup of club soda or sparkling water over ice and enjoy!